We like to promote job openings within our membership! If you have an opening in the catering and events industry you would like to tell us about, please reach out! Please see below for current submissions.
Food Operations Manager
US - NY - Brooklyn
WHY WE WILL LOVE YOU
• 5 years leadership experience
• 2 years experience leading leaders
• 2 years food service industry experience
• Certified, or ability to attain, local food handlers certificate
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
• Manages entire food operation inclusive of restaurant, bistro, co-worker restaurant and Swedish Food Market
• Sets direction for restaurant, bistro, and Swedish Food Market to ensure profitability
• Maintains high level of execution on food preparation and presentation standards
• Builds strategic plan for, coaches, and leads the IKEA Food teams throughout the store
• Encourages awareness of IKEA Food range across all levels of the store
• Remains current and aware on local food trends and competition and make recommendations
• Ensures total store compliance with IKEA Food and all state and local food regulations
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
In our team we take pride in seeing everyone around us grow and develop, and we encourage people to experiment, test, try - and sometimes fail. As long as they learn along the way! We know that everything is changing more rapidly today and that we sometimes need to lead in the unknown. So we throw ourselves out there to explore new possibilities and ways of doing things to make both our people and our business prosper.
- University of Delaware
Position Title: Manager, Dining Services
Department: Dining Services Incumbent:
College/Admin Office: Administrative Services Prepared by: Michael Buck
Location: Newark Approvals:
Title of Supervisor: General Manager
Grade: 30E Position Number: TBD
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under the limited direction of the General Manager of Pencader Dining Hall and as a member ofthe Dining Services staff, the Beverage Operations Manager administers the daily operation of
the Beverage Operations Unit and assigned employees. The Beverage Operations unit oversees
all alcoholic beverage operations for the University of Delaware and Dining Services to include
Catering and Concessions. The Beverage Operations Manager is the University’s Liaison with
the Delaware Alcohol Beverage Control Commission (DABCC) for day to day implementation
of all related DABCC Rules applicable to the purchase, storage and serving of alcoholic
beverages in accordance with all federal, state, Board of Health & Social Services, and
University requirements. These Rules and requirements include but are not limited to: processing
applications for renewal of biennial premises unlimited gathering licenses; preparing applications
for one-day gathering licenses; scheduling TIPS training of applicable employees, certifying and
recertifying all applicable employees/volunteers and maintaining TIPS (Training for Intervention
Procedure) certification records; completing and tracking of all Alcohol Service Agreement
Forms and DABCC event service log for all unlimited gathering events and ensuring proper age
identification checks are conducted on all guests served alcoholic beverages. The Manager
interacts with external agencies, vendors, clients and internal departments with regard to service
arrangements, policies and customer satisfaction issuesMAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Administer the daily operation of the Beverage Operations unit to include scheduling the
service of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages; compliance with all applicable alcoholic
beverage Rules and requirements; hiring, scheduling and supervision of employees; and
ensuring identification checks are conducted on all guests served alcoholic beverages.
• Become expert in all applicable alcoholic beverage Rules and requirements to include
DABCC, federal, state and University. Serve as the University’s Liaison with the DABCC for day to day implementation of all related DABCC Rules applicable to the purchase,
storage and serving of alcoholic beverages.
• Maintain/archive records of all gathering licenses to include processing of renewals for
biennial premises licenses, processing applications for one-day licenses, tracking all Alcohol
Service Agreement forms and recording all unlimited gathering events in the DABCC event
• Coordinate with DABCC the TIPS training for all applicable employees in Beverage
Operations, Catering and Concessions. Maintain TIPS certification records for employees.
Notify UD Courtyard and Vita Nova management of scheduled training times in the event
their personnel need access to additional training dates.
• Develop, maintain and administer operations manual to include unit, department and
University policies and procedures, employee/student employee handbook, control and
maintenance of product and equipment inventory, proper sanitation standards for the unit,
safety program, security of department property, etc.
• Purchase and maintain inventory of alcohol products, glassware, small wares, equipment and
uniforms in accordance with Procurement Service’s guidelines. In conjunction with Catering
and the Office of Conferences, forecast needs based on historical and current event booking
records. Conduct regular inventories and maintain pars to ensure quality and quantity to
manage the unit efficiently and effectively. Rent equipment as needed.
• Monitor payroll and operating expenses to ensure the effective use of resources and a
positive bottom line. Oversee the control and daily deposit of cash receipts. Administer and
reconcile cash funds and event banks for cash events. Conduct annual market pricing comparison and recommend pricing for Beverage Operations
products and services. Develop creative merchandising concepts and services.
• Design and maintain file of approved beverage bar set ups and layouts for events using
BANCO Catering Software and VISIO Graphics Software to compliment Catering and
Conference layouts and service types.
• Meet regularly with Dining and Conferences staff to identify service and product needs to
support events. Work cooperatively with the various event planning departments to
facilitate successful, well-planned events.
• Expected to work closely with Dining Services Management team in support of district wide
service and staff needs.
• Remains current with market trends and products through distributor relationships,
personally organizations and relevant showcase events.
• Timely competition of required training session assigned by University of Delaware and or
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’ degree in Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management or related field and three
years food service experience in supervisory or management role; catering, banquets,
restaurant and bar experience preferred.
• Completion of TIPs training, TIPS certified training course and ongoing recertification
• Effective interpersonal skills, supervisory skills.Ability to work with a diverse clientele and employee pool.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment; resolve customer complaints
and concerns; monitor and/or maintain quality control standards; coordinate quality
• Attention to details skills in presentation, maintenance of records and adherence related
policies, procedures and codes.
• Requires computer, budget, planning and marketing skills.
• Ability to complete basic computer functions such as Excel spreadsheets with formulas.
• Time management skills to plan for adequate workforce scheduling to support events while
managing resources effectively and efficiently.
• Experience within a convention center or sports venue is preferred. Contact Mike Buck, General Manager at M_Buck@facilities.udel.edu.
2. About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams,
state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic
destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the
world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives
every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate
our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce,
advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our
communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by
FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc.
Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Catering Director position, responsible for developing and executing catering solutions to meet customer
needs. Facilitate the delivery of prepared food created from an event-specific work order or in a room
Leadership: Ensure catering operations connect to the Executional Framework. Deliver
consistent quality in planning and execution of events. Leverage established company solutions
to ensure consistency, quality and efficiency within consumer driven offerings. Manage catering
team to ensure quality in final presentation of food. Train and manage employees to ensure
knowledge of food menus and promotional calendars. Model and reinforce Aramark's coaching
process. Reward and recognize employees. Monitor team performance and provide regular
feedback. Plan and execute team meetings and daily huddles. Complete and maintain all staff
records including training records, schedules and performance data.
• Client Relationship: Develop and maintain effective client and customer rapport for mutually
beneficial business relationships. Demonstrate excellent customer service using Aramark's
standard model. Implement communication strategy as provided by marketing team in order to
build catering revenue.
• Financial Performance: Responsible for delivering food and labor targets. Develop and execute
strategies to achieve catering revenue forecasts.
• Productivity: Responsible for executing catering events of varied size and scope, including
staffing and management. Ensure accurate reporting of all catering related revenue, expenses,
and receivables. Coordinate activities with other departments as appropriate.
• Compliance: Ensure compliance with Aramark food, occupational and environmental safety
policies in all culinary and kitchen operations. Comply with all applicable policies, rules and
regulations, including but not limited to those relating to safety, health, wage and hour.
Requires at least 4 years of experience and 1 to 3 years in a management role
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.